Monday, December 13, 2010

Abrams Daughters Bk1, The Covenant-Beverly Lewis

Another wonderful book! I really liked this one.
Leah was a beautiful character, Lewis showed her beauty, strength and heart very well in this book.
Her blossoming from the tomboy she used to be into the young woman she is now was depicted very well. Leah loves one, but is loved by two, now what to do? You almost feel bad for the boy who loves her without saying anything.
Personally, I'm still at a loss for who I liked better, Smithy Gid or Jonas Mast.
Ach! It's so confusing! :)
The only bad part I could pick out of this was the beginning. I almost didn't read this one because the first five chapters still felt like an intro. Maybe it was. She described everything in very minute details, which at times was annoying, but once you get into the heart of the story, ya can't put it down!!
I always enjoy Lewis' way of incorporating the Pennsylvania dutch into it as well, such as wonderful-gut, ferhoodled, and so on. I know I've certainly picked up using these words since I read her books.
I'm looking forward to the next book in the Abrams Daughters series, The Betrayal, which you most certainly will be hearing a review from that one as well :)
I haven't finished my other books, "The golden filly" series because I couldn't put down The Covenant. Should I feel bad about that? I'm uncertain at this point.
Either way, comment below and lemme know!

Over and out!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I don't think you should feel bad about that. If both books are good, both are worth your attention! So, you can pick which one to read. Its a free country. ;)
--Beth

Jordyn said...

The only thing is, when i start two stories at the same time, i get them jarbled as to whats going on... :)

--Me